Our Benefits Philosophy:
Offer a competitive benefits package to meet the diverse needs of all employees and their family members. We believe in providing benefits that are affordable, provide excellent coverage and are effective immediately, or shortly after being hired.
Flexible Time Off (FTO)
We know life doesn't stop just because you start a new career.
We developed an all-encompassing Flex Time Off (FTO) plan that is available when employees need time away from work. Employees start with a balance of 40 hours on their first day of work. After one year of service, employees will have accrued 144 hours, or eighteen 8-hour days.
Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
Employees are provided 12 hours of Volunteer Time Off (VTO) each year. We believe that providing an opportunity for our employees to engage in meaningful and purposeful activities in the communities in which we live and work is very important.
We currently provide 6 paid holidays: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
Employer Paid Benefits
Our employees are automatically enrolled into the 401(k) plan starting with their first paycheck. The company puts in 4% (non-elective) every pay check in addition to matching dollar-for-dollar up to 4% of an employee’s earnings up to the annual limits as defined by applicable laws.
All eligible employees are automatically enrolled into the following employer paid benefits. The company pays 100% of the premium.
Employee Assistance Program
- Group Term Life. Two times annual salary
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment.
- Short Term Disability. Pays 60% after waiting period
- Long Term Disability. Pays 60% after waiting period
Provides confidential counseling and tools for personal, family, elder care, childcare, work, legal, financial, alcohol/drugs or mental health issues. Available to all employees and eligible dependents. Employer paid benefit.
Tuition Reimbursement is available to all employees who seek to advance their skills and education through post secondary education programs. We will reimburse $2,900 per calendar year per employee with a maximum of $8,800.
Midwest AgEnergy also partners with the University of Mary for discounted tuition.
Midwest AgEnergy provides on-and off-site training opportunities to further our employees’ skills. This keeps them updated and well-informed about the latest tools and procedures.
All eligible employees can elect the following benefits:
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance. We pay over 80% of the premium on all Health, Dental & Vision Plans which provides low cost options to our employees. Two health options to choose from.
- Supplemental Employee, Spouse & Dependent Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Dependent Care Reimbursement
- Health Savings Accounts. Company provides a match
- Accident, Cancer, and Hospital Confinement Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Summer Flexible Schedule. Employees have the opportunity to work a modified work schedule in the summer months.
Our Wellness Committee's mission
is to provide opportunities for Midwest AgEnergy employees to improve their quality of life.
The Human Resource Department and the Wellness Committee partner together to provide a number of different wellness benefits. Some of the benefits include:
- Lifestyle Reimbursement. Each employee household can be reimbursed for physical, financial and wellness activities or classes, as well as fitness equipment.
- Onsite Wellness Screenings. Each year, we partner with local clinics to perform onsite health screenings. Some of the services offered may include cholesterol, blood sugar, BMI, blood pressure and pulse screenings.
- Onsite Flu shots. We provide annual on-site flu shots each fall.
- Onsite Education. We provide onsite presentations, including financial, physical and mental educational sessions.
If you are on the Health insurance the following benefits may be available to you:
- Quit using Tobacco. The plan will pay for participants to quit using tobacco products.
- Healthy Blue ND. Employees and spouses can receive rewards for completing various wellness and education programs online.
- Gym Membership Reimbursement. Employees and spouses can receive Healthy Blue points for gym membership if they attend the gym the required number of times per month.